6/24/09

Soft & Warm, the Quiet Storm: KBLX

I was driving home from the gym today and damn it was beautiful out. The wind that took over the day finally subsided and left the city sparkly. Sparkly is my favorite adjective for San Francisco in the dark. Probably because it's often wet out, and the hills create a horizon of light everywhere you look. It sparkles!

(I might need to reiterate that even after living here for four years, I still maintain that San Francisco is the most beautiful city -- I've seen -- in the world)

Back to the Quiet Storm. . . .so I've just gone on a late-night swim at Mission Bay pool, sat in the sauna for 10 minutes, and enjoyed quiet in the spa-like locker room, and I flip the radio to KBLX.
I hear a version of that James Taylor song "Don't let me be lonely tonight" by Boney James. Jussst right. KBLX just knows what I need to hear in every moment. How do they do it? Maybe I should start listening to more old school r&b and slow jams.
The mood of the radio station is 'soft and warm' as they assert, and the songs seem to match what I'm in the mood for almost every time I flip to it.

I just went to their website and noticed that you could listen online, which I plan to do, and then find out what albums I need to buy with this pretty nifty playlist: http://www.tunegenie.com/onair/kblx/

OOoooh, soft and warm, the quiet storm. Kinda like summer in San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment