5/12/09

Working in Downtown Oakland































Today I saw two teenagers crossing the 14th street and one was holding a snake - I swear to god. Just casually, as if he was holding a soda. Earlier that afternoon a man was screaming at his girlfriend about an old man they had just walked by. And I said hello to about 4 strangers, just because that is what people do in Downtown Oakland. They say hello and good morning.

Other good things about downtown Oakland:
- The Julia Morgan building that holds one of our schools (pictured)
- The Vietnamese food
- I can take BART
- 2 of my good friends also work there and we've met for lunch
- It's noticeably warmer than SF
- It feels like a secret

1 comment:

  1. It IS a secret - to most San Franciscans. With all the negative stories in the Chronicle (and the consistently nasty comments on their online version, SFGate.com) it appears that many in the City think that all of Oakland is a cross between a slum and a shooting range. Surprise! It's not - and thanks for the kind words. If I see you in the DTO, I'll make sure to say "hello".

    ReplyDelete